Let’s enter the 21st century, preserving Charlottesville’s “sense of place” and rich cultural diversity – the very reasons we care about our city. Our children can thrive and have the opportunity for promising futures right here in Charlottesville if we are visionary, inclusive and intentional: in other words, by design.
What Kathy Will Work For:
- Strategic Investment Area (SIA) Plan
- Implement the plan in partnership with city residents, the Charlottesville Redevelopment and Housing Authority (CRHA) and Piedmont Housing Alliance (PHA).
- West Main Street Master Plan
- Establish a phased approach to implement the plan.
- Identify ways to prevent cut-through traffic.
- Revisit the original Dominion Power agreement for underground utilities.
- Engage with UVa and AMTRAK.
- Find creative ways to finance these improvements.
- Small Area Plans
- Create plans consistent with our 2013 Comprehensive Plan, “The small area planning process is intended to examine [certain identified] areas anew and holistically, with the full engagement of the public…”
- Devise a method for funding and implementing the small area planning process by the summer of 2016, building on the 2013 draft.
- Authentic Community Engagement
- Ensure that the City truly listens to our residents and engages our community.
- Advocate for facilitators who are experienced in addressing neighborhood change.